Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finished Bag

On Friday I said I was going to make the all day bag from Lotta Jansdotter. I made it that morning. It was quite easy and it only took a couple of hours. I did make a few changes though. The pattern did not call for any interfacing. I did not want a floppy bag so I added a layer of interfacing. It also didn't have any type of closure so I added a small magnetic snap. I also added a second side pocket on the outside (pattern only had pocket on one side) and extended the inside pocket to be the full length of the bag instead of a small square. The bag came out quite well. I lined it with some leftover discontinued Alexander Henry fabric that I had. I had one small mishap at the end when I was turning the bag. The lining fabric ripped a little bit. I was a little upset and had to do some repairs so I was very glad the bag was for me or I would have had to redo it. I would probably make this bag again and it was very easy. I think new sewers would be able to attempt this bag. The directions were very clear and easy to follow.




My next project will be to finish the Amy Butler weekend bag I started over a year ago. That was not a very fun project. I hope to have it finished and an update soon.

1 comment:

~pinks~ said...

I've been snooping through your pages, and happened upon this one. Well, I headed out to Chapters today and popped this book into my bag (after I paid for it of course!) and I haven't stopped drooling over it since I got home.

Thanks!