Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Couch

I desperately need a new couch. You would think this would be an easy thing. Go to the store, pick a couch and buy it. My problem is, I don't want a new couch. Everything is so big and stuffed or leather. I want a vintage couch and the design I want dates back to the 1950's I believe. I have been looking for at least 5 years and can't find one I like. The worst thing is we had one in my house when I was growing up and my parents got rid of it when we moved. I know I will probably have to recover it and I already have the fabric I just need the couch. Here are some pictures I have come across of couches I like. The first one would be my first choice. If anyone knows where I could find one in my area please let me know. I have almost given up and will be stuck with my old, ugly couch forever.

3 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

You know, my mum always tells me if something is meant to be, it will be.
Just keep looking and if that couch is meant for you, it will show up eventually :D
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I came across your blog through sew mama sew. I too have been hunting for the same type of couch. I found a place on online festoon.ca. They will email a bunch of places where you can see there merchandise. Good luck.
margie

Cheryl Arkison said...

well, I can't offer you a vintage source, but we had the same problem. We ended up with a simple couch from G. Romano, a Canadian company. It mimics 50s lines and fit in well with the rest of our midcentury modern furniture.