Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby Quilt #1

I know it may seems like I haven't been doing a lot but I actually have. I have so many projects on the go right now that I don't even think I can remember all of them.

I finished this baby quilt a few weeks ago for my best friend who is the proud daddy of baby Rory. It was made using scraps, again, in pink and Kona Snow which is still my all time favourite. The quilt is from Elizabeth Hartman which I purchased here. I did altered the size a little. For some reason I don't like square quilts so I eliminated a side row and it's still a good baby size. I quilted it in a crosshatch design which you can't see very well as I took some very quick pictures indoors. It seems like we waited forever for her to come.

I am also currently making a quilt from this tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts. I have made all the border squares and am now at a standstill waiting for some more Kona Snow. I really hate our lack of good quilting shops in Canada. I also purchased this pattern and finished the quilt top in Amy Butler Lotus fabric to match the pillow I made my mother for Christmas.

I am also working in some random sized wonky star blocks which I'm thinking will eventually become a quilt for my bed in the summer. It has been a lot of fun to do these and not have any time restrictions on getting it down.

See, I have been busy, I just need to start taking more pictures of my WIP's.

No comments: