Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quick Table Runner

I found myself with really nothing to do on Good Friday, which is rare for me on a day off. I have been wanting to make a table runner for my coffee table since I got it 4 months ago. It just seems to be a dust collector. I clean it and 10 mins later I feel there is a layer of dust on it already.

I didn't really have a plan for it. I knew I wanted to use the rest of my Belle Scraps and I had some leftover linen fabrics. I sat down and started sewing random pieces together to make blocks. I ended up with three blocks all slightly different sizes. I added linen borders and used linen for the back. I did my favourite quilting on it. I use different sizes of masking tape and tape random lines on the diagonal and sew on both sides of the tape with my walking foot. I really love how the quilting looks on the linen. I also remembered how much I love linen and really don't like sewing with it. Thankfully, It wasn't so bad since it was a smaller piece to quilt.

I also finished my 3x6 Bee blocks which I will post and get sent hopefully this weekend.


No comments: