Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Quilt Along

I have been following a quilt along hosted by Oh, Fransson! on her blog. I have been wanting to make a quilt for my bed for a long time so I decided this was the perfect time. I have made a few quilts for other people but haven't been very happy with them. Everything goes well until the actual quilting part. This one has free motion quilting which I have never done but I'm very excited to try. I cheated a little on my quilt as well. The quilt pattern in the quilt along has six blocks I think but I decided to use just two of them. I am using fabrics from Amy Butler's Belle collection and any of you who have visited my shop, know how much I love these fabrics. My quilt top is finished and I start holidays tomorrow so I am hoping to get the back done tomorrow and then start the quilting. I am behind in the quilt along because I wanted to wait until I had a lot of uniterrupted time before I started the quilting.
Here are some pics of my quilt top. The pictures are not very good as it's been cloudy and snowy here the last few days.

No comments: