Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Sewing

I made a couple of dresses for my niece for Easter. The first was made with a McCalls pattern and Alexander Henry fabric. It's cute, but not my favourite. The second dress I love! I bought the pattern from a store on Etsy called Frog Legs & Ponytails. It's a pillowcase dress and I have made a couple of these before, but this was by far the best pattern i have ever come across. The dress took me less than 1/2 an hour and is super cute. I made it with fabrics from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern II collection. I am seriously thinking of using this pattern to make tops for my sister and I. I highly recommend this pattern.

(The pictures are not very good but I will post more later, with my adorable niece modeling).

I also finished doing the free motion quilting on my quilt today. It is not perfect but I am very happy with my first attempt. It hurt my wrist after a while so I had to take a few breaks, but I was surprised at how little time it took. I have the binding pinned on and ready to sew tomorrow and then it's done. I have to admit, I cheat with the binding. I don't hand sew it on, I never hand sew. I hate doing it and avoid it at all costs. I don't think it makes it any less nice and I like to use a decorative stitch around the edge.

No comments: